US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
Washington may send troops to Bulgaria and Romania as part of the redistribution of US forces in Europe.
This was reported by the Wall Street Journal, citing sources familiar with the Pentagon's plans.
According to the information, the redistribution of Stryker brigades in Bulgaria and Romania is possible as a result of President Trump's decision to withdraw 12,000 troops from Germany, half of which will be sent elsewhere in Europe, including the Black Sea region. The process would take years and cost at least $6 billion.
The Stryker Brigades are combat teams of thousands of soldiers and hundreds of vehicles, ready to be transferred by transport aircraft and deployed within 96 hours. / bntnews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Bulgarian Task Forces Will Have New Combat Vehicles
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent
- » UK Announces Biggest Military Investment since Cold War
- » Turkey Does Not Plan to Close Down Border with Bulgaria
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin