Bulgaria: Long Queues in Front of the Passport Services in the Country
Long queues in front of the passport offices in Sofia and the country. This year, about 2 million personal documents need to be replaced. However, the deadline was extended by half a year due to the crisis caused by the coronavirus.
The main reason for the mass exchange of documents is related to the opening of borders and travel abroad, said the Ministry of Interior. They report that despite the queues, people do not wait long because more employees have been hired to serve them. In Sofia, on average, more than 3,000 people pass through the passport services per day.
Both people who have to exchange their personal documents and foreigners for documents for temporary residence in our country are waiting in front of one of the passport services in Sofia.
"We are coming for the fourth time this week and this is one of the smallest queues we have. There was usually a queue at the end of the building the other day, so we're lucky, "said Gabriela./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List
- » Bulgaria Supports Tour Guides with BGN 3 Million
- » NSI: Holidays and Excursions of Foreigners in Bulgaria Decreased by Over 85% in July