Protests in Bulgaria: The Blockade at Orlov Most Continues
The protest in Sofia lasted all night. On Thursday morning, Orlov Most remained closed and police blocked traffic. At the moment, Gen. Gurko ”and“ Vasil Levski ”Blvd. are open.
After the national rally yesterday, the demonstrators closed 10 intersections and key boulevards. Protesters missed ambulances and booed police cars.
The director of SDVR Georgi Hadjiiski also specified that the protesters in the capital have set up about 10 tents. He added that talking to them turned out to be extremely unproductive.
There will be difficulties in moving along Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd. as there are tents from Nezavisimost Square to the Presidency. "We talked all night because most of the intersections were blocked. In the small hours we achieved results and 4-5 key crossroads in the center of Sofia were liberated by protesters ", said the director of SDVR.
The organizers called on the people to spend the night under the windows of power and to set up a tent camp in front of the Council of Ministers. Their demands remain the same - the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
In parallel, there were blockades in several other cities in the country./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 203 Infected, 334 Cured
- » Covid-19: Tests Are Going to Show if Indian Variant Can Beat Immunity after Vaccination
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 518 New Cases, Slight Increase of Fatalities
- » Reuters: Toshiba European Operations Suffer Ransomware Cyber Attack
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries