Protests in Bulgaria: The Blockade at Orlov Most Continues
The protest in Sofia lasted all night. On Thursday morning, Orlov Most remained closed and police blocked traffic. At the moment, Gen. Gurko ”and“ Vasil Levski ”Blvd. are open.
After the national rally yesterday, the demonstrators closed 10 intersections and key boulevards. Protesters missed ambulances and booed police cars.
The director of SDVR Georgi Hadjiiski also specified that the protesters in the capital have set up about 10 tents. He added that talking to them turned out to be extremely unproductive.
There will be difficulties in moving along Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd. as there are tents from Nezavisimost Square to the Presidency. "We talked all night because most of the intersections were blocked. In the small hours we achieved results and 4-5 key crossroads in the center of Sofia were liberated by protesters ", said the director of SDVR.
The organizers called on the people to spend the night under the windows of power and to set up a tent camp in front of the Council of Ministers. Their demands remain the same - the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor.
In parallel, there were blockades in several other cities in the country./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Masks Become Mandatory at Upcoming Mass Public Events in Plovdiv
- » Eurostat: Half of Young Bulgarians Live with Their Parents
- » Bulgarian Parliament Allocates BGN 16 Million to Modernize Classrooms in 160 Schools
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 210 New Cases in 5388 PCR Tests
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin