Bulgarian Businessman Atanas Bobokov Will Remain in Custody
Businessman Atanas Bobokov will remain in custody. This was decided by the Appellate Specialized Criminal Court.
Bobokov's defense demanded that he needs to be released from custody due to deteriorating health. He has complaints of pain in the knee due to a previously changed knee joint.
The businessman is accused of participating in an organized criminal group. His company was involved in the processing of illegal imported waste. According to the state prosecution, there is no dispute in the case that hazardous waste was stored on a territory used by Bobokov's companies. The main controversial point is what responsibility Bobokov takes for the violations. The defense is of the opinion that the responsibility for control falls on state institutions. The prosecution believes Bobokov is guilty of illegal waste treatment, which is confirmed by the testimony of witnesses in the case. It is also stated that there is evidence of cooperation between the Ministry of Environment and Water and the businessman's companies. Earlier, the deputy minister in the Ministry of Environment and Water was arrested on charges of aiding illegal activities.
The appellate panel found that the decision was correct and justified. The court ruling is final and not subject to appeal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained
- » 29-year-old Man Shot Near Sofia After a Car Race
- » 40 kg of Radioactive Blueberries From Chernobyl Were Seized by Ukrainian Border Patrol