Bulgaria: Girl is Injured as a Driver Went Through Protesters in the Centre of Sofia
A driver passed through the intersection of "Fritjof Nansen" Blvd. and "Bulgaria" Blvd. blocked by protesters.
Radoslav Stoynev, head of the Security Police Department, said tension was rising between car drivers and protesters, although the police officers tried to divert traffic on alternative routes.
"Thanks to the quick reaction of the police, several attempts for fight were prevented yesterday," Stoynev explained.
"Last night, around 10.40 pm, the Capital Directorate of Interior received information about a 19-year-old girl who was admitted to “Pirogov” hospital with pain in the leg as a result of a traffic accident. Subsequently, the girl left the hospital. An additional investigation is underway into the case", Stoynev said.
"I want to thank the citizens involved in the protests for their responsible behavior and the prevention of provocations to the police, with the exception of blocking intersections. I call on the other citizens to be tolerant, "Stoynev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total