Bulgaria Has Met 87.6% of Its National Energy Savings Target by 2020
As a result of the implementation of energy saving measures in all sectors of the economy, as well as the contribution of all taxpayers, for the period 2014-2019 in Bulgaria 7,295.2 GWh of energy were saved.
Thus, the country has fulfilled 87.6% of its national target for energy savings by 2020. This is recorded in the annual report on the implementation in 2019 of the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency 2014-2020, approved by the Council of Ministers at today's meeting. .
The report contains basic statistical information, analyzes of the state and trends of energy efficiency at the national level in 2018 - the last year for which there are official statistics.
The individual sectors of the economy are considered, reflecting the changes in the main indicators - gross value added, energy consumption and energy intensity. The annual report analyzes the implementation of the individual energy savings targets of owners of buildings and industrial systems, as well as the implementation of measures to increase energy efficiency by energy traders.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested
- » Greece Extends Entry Restrictions Until 8 February 2021
- » European Economy Shrinks Above Expectations in January
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » EU Leaders Agreed to Keep Borders Open, Mull New Restrictions on Travel
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed