Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Remain High
Unemployment in Bulgaria remained high in June, despite measures to support employment and businesses. The registered unemployment rate was 8.3%. The Employment Agency reports that the number of registered unemployed persons at the end of June was 273,367. Compared to May, there is a decrease of 7.5%, or more than 22,000 people. But compared to June 2019, the increase in the number of unemployed persons is 61.1%, or 103,708 people.
In June, more than 36,000 people registered at the employment agencies started work on employment contracts. 96% of them are employed in the real economy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government is Allocating BGN 1 Billion for Social and Economic Measures in the Fight Against COVID-19
- » Experts Predict a 21% Increase in Bankruptcies in Bulgaria
- » What is Bitcoin Halving and Why Is It Important?
- » The Rise of Bitcoin - The Cryptocurrency of Today