Billionaire of Bulgarian Origin Has Passed Away in Canada
Canadian businessman of Bulgarian descent Ignat Kaneff has passed away at the age of 93, his family has announced. His wealth is estimated at USD 1.2 billion.
Kaneff was born on October 6, 1926 in the village of Gorno Ablanovo, Ruse district. He was one of 7 children in the family of Hristo Kanev and Mita Kaneva.
Ignat Kaneff could not afford to complete school and left Bulgaria at the age of fourteen, moving to Austria.
Later, he settled in Toronto where he started to work in the construction sector. Kaneff was among the largest businessmen in Canada’s construction sector.
The Bulgarian-born philanthropist donated large sums mainly for educational and health purposes. In 2012, he donated USD 1.5 million for the construction of a modern conference complex at Angel Kanchev University of Ruse./BNR.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Ministers: BGN 20 Million Help Per Month for Working Families with Children in Bulgaria
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 34: New Blockade, Protesters Throw Tomatoes and Green Balls of Paint
- » Australia's Northern Territory To Be Closed to Visitors For a Further 18 Months
- » Mandatory PCR Tests in Finland After 24 Skopjie Passengers Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Spot on the Beach in Rio de Janeiro Only by App Reservation
- » Bulgaria: No PCR Test Requirements for Arrivals From the UAE