IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: Emergency Financing to 72 of the World’s Poorest Countries
The International Monetary Fund has provided emergency financing to 72 of the world’s poorest countries to help them deal with the coronavirus pandemic, but must further improve its lending instruments for low-income countries, IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva said on Wednesday.
Georgieva told an online debt conference that emerging markets with strong fundamentals issued 4 billion in bonds in the first six months of 2020 but others with poor fundamentals had no affordable access to capital markets./Reuters
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgarian National Bank Forecasts GDP Drop at 4,4 Percent Rate for 2020
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Doubled the Salaries of Teachers, 1 Billion Were Invested in Educational Infrastructure
- » UniCredit Bulbank: Bulgarian Economy Will Slowly Recover in 2021
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Finance: Our Country Will Join Eurozone in 2024
- » Bulgarian Minister of Labor: State Will Further Support Pensioners and Families with Children