Weather in Bulgaria: A Powerful Storm Flooded Sofia
A strong storm flooded Sofia late last night (July 6). More than 140 alarms were given to the fire department.
The water flooded streets, subways, shops and basements. The Perlovska River overflowed and turned Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi Boulevard into a canal. The wave dragged dozens of cars.
Part of the roof of a hypermarket collapsed on Bulgaria Boulevard. But no one was injured. There were power outages in many places.
During the storm, water entered separate metro stations, but trains did not stop.
Dozens of signals were received for flooded shops, subways and basements in different parts of Sofia. Due to the strong storm, the electricity in part of the Pavlovo district stopped for more than 30 minutes, NOVA viewers reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City