Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
A boom in tick activity across Bulgaria. Many people have already suffered from them.
"The season is best for tick activity. This is normal and depends on the weather. When it is cooler and wet there are many ticks, when it is dry and warm there are none ”, explained Prof. Iva Hristova, Deputy Director of the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
According to her, when it warms up more permanently, the activity of ticks will decrease. The second boom is expected in the fall, in September and October.
In addition to Lyme disease, ticks cause several types of fever, with high fever and fatigue./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Winter is Coming
- » Another Earthquake in Turkey, No casualties Reported
- » 245 White-headed Vultures Live along the Arda River
- » Minister of Environment: Bulgaria Is in for Serious Water Crisis
- » Dangerously Dirty Air in Several Cities in Bulgaria
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny in Bulgaria, Day Temperatures Rising to 12°C