NSI Bulgaria: Over 80% of Tourist Trips in 2020 Were in the Country
A total of 490.7 thousand Bulgarians traveled in the first quarter of 2020.
83.3% of them visited places in Bulgaria, 14.2% - only abroad, and 2.5% traveled both in the country and abroad, the NSI reported.
Compared to the same quarter of 2019, the total number of travelers over the age of 15 decreased by 47.2%.
In the first quarter of 2020, 581.7 thousand or 95.1% of the total number of personal trips were registered as independent. The relative share of solo trips without reservation in the country is 98.0%, and of those abroad - 74.7%.
In the structure of expenditures by species with the largest relative share in the country are those for food - 37.4%, while abroad are the expenditures for transport - 35.2%.
In the first quarter of 2020, the average personal travel expense of a person aged 15 and over was BGN 151.75 in the country and BGN 674.37 abroad. At the same time, the costs per person for a professional trip are on average BGN 155.45 in the country and BGN 1,237.85 abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria Bans Passenger Flights from Bulgaria to July 31
- » State Aid: EC Approves €3.4 Billion Dutch Support to KLM
- » Entering Greece - Only After a Negative Test for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach
- » 3000 COVID-19 Tests per Day at Kulata Border Checkpoint, Greece Launches Website for Questions