Bulgaria: VAT for Restaurants, Books and Baby Goods Becomes 9% from July 1
From 1 July, the reduced rate of value added tax of 9% will apply to books, restaurants and catering services, baby food and diapers. The rate is temporary and will be valid until December 31, 2021, according to the Revenue Agency.
Not only hoteliers, but also publishers and distributors of books and textbooks, including electronic editions, will benefit from the change in the VAT Act. The amendments also cover retailers of children's products - baby and children's food, diapers and other hygiene items, which are listed in the new VAT Act.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Are Title Loans Worth it?
- » BDB Bulgaria: The Interest-Free Loans Approved by Commercial Banks for Individuals Reached Nearly BGN 50 Million
- » Official: Bulgaria and Croatia Join the ERM II Exchange Rate Mechanism
- » Reuters: Euro Zone Ready to Let Bulgaria and Croatia Into the ERM-2 Mechanism
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: Emergency Financing to 72 of the World’s Poorest Countries
- » Eurozone Agrees EUR 750 Million of Debt Relief Measures for Greece