European Central Bank: Bulgaria Could Join Eurozone’s Waiting Room by the End of 2020
That was said by the Bank’s board member Fabio Panetta
Bulgaria could join waiting room to adopt the euro until the end of 2020, European Central Bank board member Fabio Panetta said in an interview for Le Monde.
The institution praises the efforts of Bulgaria and Croatia to switch to the common currency, Panetta added. He underlined that the two countries rely on tourism.
“Croatia and Bulgaria took bold measures to converge. If the process is completed successfully, they could join ERM-2 by the end of the year”, Panetta said.
The countries usually stay in the system for at least two years to prove their currencies’ stability. That is why the first available window for Croatia and Bulgaria to join the euro area would be 2023./Nova
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Bulgarian Association of Restaurants Insist Employees to Work Outdoors Without Masks in Sarcastic Statement
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It
- » New Amendments to the Labor Code Have Been Introduced Today in Bulgaria
- » Norway: Mandatory Quarantine for People Arriving from France, Switzerland and the Czech Republic
- » Entering Greece by Land at Night Can be Done Only Through "Kulata - Promahon" Border Checkpoint