Queues at Border Checkpoints of Bulgaria with Greece
Queues at border checkpoints of Bulgaria with Greece after lifting of the quarantine were not an assessment of the quality of tourism or a sign that Bulgarians preferred Greek beaches to the Black Sea coast, said Deputy Speaker of the Parliament Valeri Simeonov and Minister of Tourism Nikolina Angelkova.
The two believe that the increased traffic was due to foreign transit tourists, Bulgarian seasonal workers or people with real estates in Greece.
According to statistics for 2019, Greek tourists coming to Bulgaria were 1.3 million, which is almost equal to the number of Bulgarians who visited Greece - 1.4 million, Minister Angelkova added./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Extends Entry Restrictions Until 8 February 2021
- » EU Leaders Agreed to Keep Borders Open, Mull New Restrictions on Travel
- » Greek Tourism Minister: Vaccination Certificate Not Mandatory for Traveling to Greece
- » Bulgarians No Longer Need Negative PCR Test for Entering Serbia
- » For Travelers’ Attention: Mandatory Online Registration Required for Arrivals in Austria as of January 15
- » What You Must Know Before Traveling to Germany from “Risk Areas”, Coronavirus Tests