Bulgargaz will Reimburse Customers due to Cheaper Gas
The price of natural gas is 53% lower today compared to a year ago, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov said at an extraordinary government meeting.
At the meeting it was decided that Bulgarian gas operator Bulgargaz will reimburse customers who purchased gas in the period January 1 - March 31 as the sum reaches BGN 201,685,227 (over 103 million euros). 59 million BGN or over 30 million euros will go to district heating company Toplofikatsiya Sofia and 22 million Bulgarian levs (over 11 million euros) - to gas distribution companies.
The reason for this is Gazprom's decision from March to reduce the delivery price of natural gas to Bulgaria by more than 40% retroactively from August 2019. The Russian company has already returned overpaid amounts to Bulgargaz and the Bulgarian gas operator has announced its readiness to reimburse its customers./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Pipeline Has Exploded - No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget