A Man Wanted by Interpol is Detained in Sofia
During a specialized police operation conducted on June 4 by officers of the Search Sector, a 38-year-old man was found and detained in the capital. He has been declared wanted by a European arrest warrant, and a red bulletin has been issued by Interpol for his detention at the request of the authorities in Athens, Greece.The man is wanted as an organizer of illegal migration of third-country nationals through the territory of the European Union, for which the Court of Appeal in Thessaloniki has sentenced him to 10 years in prison and a fine of 50,000 euros.
Тhe cases were reported to the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office for comment on the issued European Arrest Warrant. He is currently being held with a prosecutor's order for up to 72 hours. Work on the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Earthquake Rocks Croatia
- » ID Papers Forgery Ring Busted in Bulgaria - Prosecutor General
- » Another Earthquake of 3,9 Magnitude Registered in Vrancea, Romania
- » Light Earthquake of 2,8 Magnitude Registered in Bulgaria
- » Italy’s Ambassador to Congo and Two of UN Convoy Killed in Attempted Kidnap
- » Earthquake Measuring 5,1 on Richter Scale Rocks Greece