9% VAT for Restaurants, Books and Children's goods in Bulgaria
Parliament's Committee on Budget and Finance adopted at second reading the proposal to reduce VAT on restaurants, books and food and diapers for children.
The deputies said "yes" to the fall of the tax from 20 to 9%, Nova TV reports.
The idea of reducing the VAT on low-alcohol beverages - wine and beer - was rejected.
The MPs also voted for the introduction of a minimum insurance threshold of BGN 610 for unqualified staff in restaurants. For other employees it must be at least BGN 800.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria Bans Passenger Flights from Bulgaria to July 31
- » Billionaire of Bulgarian Origin Has Passed Away in Canada
- » State Aid: EC Approves €3.4 Billion Dutch Support to KLM
- » BDB Bulgaria: The Interest-Free Loans Approved by Commercial Banks for Individuals Reached Nearly BGN 50 Million
- » Former Minister Passy Elected Chair of the Board of М3 Communications Group, Inc.
- » Bulgaria: Radoslav Sotirov, Director of ODMVR-Burgas, Resigned After Clashes at Rosenets