Denitsa Sacheva: 60/40 Wage Support Scheme will be Amended
The 60/40 wage support scheme used by the state to pay 60% of the social security contributions and 60% of the salaries will be amended and will continue from July 1 until September 30, Bulgaria’s Minister of Labor and Social Policy Denitsa Sacheva said.
The measure will be also used for hiring unemployed people from the employment offices and will no longer be used as instrument for compensations, but as a subsidy for salaries instead, Minister Sacheva said further.
The measure will no longer be bound up with the circumstances during the state of emergency which ended on May 13. The companies will not have to cease activity or put staff to part time work, in order to apply for the wage support scheme.
However, Bulgaria needs the European Commission's support before amending the measure./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BDB Bulgaria: The Interest-Free Loans Approved by Commercial Banks for Individuals Reached Nearly BGN 50 Million
- » Official: Bulgaria and Croatia Join the ERM II Exchange Rate Mechanism
- » Reuters: Euro Zone Ready to Let Bulgaria and Croatia Into the ERM-2 Mechanism
- » IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva: Emergency Financing to 72 of the World’s Poorest Countries
- » Eurozone Agrees EUR 750 Million of Debt Relief Measures for Greece
- » Important Moments and Insights From the Bitcoin History