Assoc. Prof. Atanas Mangarov: I Am Not Expecting a Second Coronavirus Wave in the Autumn
“I am not expecting a second coronavirus wave in the autumn in the apocalyptic sense usually attributed to these words,” said Assoc. Prof. Atanas Mangarov, head of the Pediatric Clinic at the Hospital of Infectious Diseases in Sofia.
At a medical forum in Ruse on “Covid-19 in the present and the question of the future”, the expert said that if it were to remain among the population, the coronavirus would by no means cause epidemic morbidity.
“As a rule these viruses are not capable of living among the human population permanently. The scenario now unfolding to a great extent repeats what happened with SARS in 2002-2003,” Assoc. Prof. Mangarov said. /BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Radoslav Sotirov, Director of ODMVR-Burgas, Resigned After Clashes at Rosenets
- » Official: Bulgaria and Croatia Join the ERM II Exchange Rate Mechanism
- » Entering Greece - Only After a Negative Test for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Turns to EU Court Over Mobility Package
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach