Government of Bulgaria will Allocate BGN 600,000 for the Rila Monastery
The government will allocate BGN 600,000 for the Rila Monastery. This was announced by Prime Minister Boyko Borissov, who visited the Holy Monastery.
Earlier, they complained that no funds had been transferred to the temple's treasury, although the monastery is on the UNESCO list.
The financial crisis, according to the abbot's grandfather Evlogiy, is unprecedented, and a donation account will be opened within days in order to avoid bankruptcy.
The subsidy that the monastery should receive this year amounts to BGN 597 thousand. The money is earmarked for restorations, repairs and maintenance.
Photo Credit: DK
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Apollonia Arts Festival - 1-6 September, Sozopol
- » Burgas Sand Sculptures Festival: Fairy Tales and Film Characters
- » June 25, Bulgaria: Sofia Film Fest Begins
- » Sofia Opera with Performances at Pacharevo Lake
- » Open-Air Art Installation from Bulgarian Letters in Berlin
- » Bloomsday 2020 Becomes Virtual and Sofia Becomes Dublin in One Day