Will the EU lift Restrictions on Tourist Travel?
Negotiations to lift restrictions on tourist travel within the EU are making progress, but no final decision has been reached yet. This was announced by German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, who hopes that a common European solution will be reached within weeks and the restrictions will be lifted.
Despite the disagreement of the tourism industry, which provides 12% of Spain's GDP, the country will open its borders to foreign tourists in July at the earliest. Resorts and tour operators are pushing for faster easing of restrictive measures, as they fear losses due to competition from other Mediterranean destinations.
This is exactly what German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas wants to avoid, commenting on the desire to reach a common European solution with the words:
"We don't want to compete for tourists."
When and how to lift travel restrictions after some neighboring countries announced their regional plans to open borders is still unclear.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Extends Requrements for a Negative PCR Test for Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister: Tour Operators and Travel Agents Will Be Supported With BGN 10 Million
- » Belgium: Passengers Arriving from Two Regions of Bulgaria with Mandatory Quarantine
- » First Underwater Archeological Museum Opened in Greece
- » Ban On the Landing of Airplanes From Bulgaria at Vienna Airport Has Been Lifted
- » Italy Extends Mandatory Quarantine for All Arriving from Bulgaria