Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor: 15 to 20 Years in Prison for Causing Death on the Road
Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev has proposed that the penalty for causing death on the road after using drugs and alcohol should be 15 to 20 years in prison or life imprisonment and confiscation of the motor vehicle.
The proposal has been sent to the Prime Minister, the President of Parliament and the chairmen of all parliamentary groups.
"In 2015, 90 criminal proceedings were instituted for driving after using drugs, and in 2019 their number rose to about 3,000," the prosecutor's office commented. Currently, the penalty for causing death on the road after drug use is 3 to 15 years in prison./bnr.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: The State of Emergency Expires on June 15 and All Measures Must be Lifted
- » India: A Pigeon Has Been Arrested And Accused of Being a Pakistani Spy
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Full Recovery of the Movement in the EU from June 15
- » Trump to the Governors: “Most of You are Weak”
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction