The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
"Yesterday during the online pledging event we raised €7.4 billion ($8 billion) in initial funding to develop diagnostics, treatments and vaccines to fight #coronavirus!", the European Commission announced on its Twitter account.
The so-called Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Conference aims to raise enough money to fill the “immediate funding gaps" in vaccine research.
Chancellor Angela Merkel said Germany would give 525 million euros in the search for vaccines and treatments, while France and Italy each promised 500 million euros. The UK pledged just over 440 million euros, rfi reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria
- » ECB: Euro Banknotes do not Pose a Risk of Coronavirus Transmission