The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
"Yesterday during the online pledging event we raised €7.4 billion ($8 billion) in initial funding to develop diagnostics, treatments and vaccines to fight #coronavirus!", the European Commission announced on its Twitter account.
The so-called Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Conference aims to raise enough money to fill the “immediate funding gaps" in vaccine research.
Chancellor Angela Merkel said Germany would give 525 million euros in the search for vaccines and treatments, while France and Italy each promised 500 million euros. The UK pledged just over 440 million euros, rfi reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Rodrigo da Costa Is New Executive Director of the European GNSS Agency
- » COVID-19 in Germany: Record of 7,334 New Cases Over Past Day
- » COVID-19 in Germany: Merkel Says Germany Will Not Cope with Another Lockdown
- » COVID-19 in France: Night Curfew in Paris and Eight Other Cities
- » COVID-19: Czech Republic and Netherlands Have Announced Strict Quarantine Measures
- » EU Introduces COVID-19 Colour Codes For Travel Zones