Australia Allocates more than $ 450 Million for a Coronavirus Vaccine
Australian authorities will spend more than $ 450 million to develop a coronavirus vaccine, to find drugs and create diagnostic tools. This was stated by Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
"Australia will allocate $ 352 million (about $ 230.3 million) for a global effort to control 19 and find a vaccine. We will also send $ 15 million ($ 9.8 million) to the Global Innovation Diagnostic Coalition for the Innovative Diagnosis Fund and to fund the development of new diagnostic tools, "Morrison said in a statement posted on the government website .
The Prime Minister stressed that the government would also allocate $ 337 million ($ 220.2 million) to undertake research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of coronavirus infection. These funds will be distributed among leading national organizations and departments whose activities are focused on studying the virus, finding drugs and creating a vaccine.
There are currently 6,849 cases of coronavirus infection in Australia. 70 people are hospitalized, 5 859 have recovered, 96 patients died.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » British Foreign Minister: United Kingdom Unlikely to Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Ukraine's Security Service claims to have Thwarted “Armed Attacks” by a Russian Criminal Group
- » The United States has put 8,500 troops on High Alert to be Sent in Europe
- » Russia has added Navalny to the List of Terrorists and Extremists
- » Snow Paralyzes Greece, Istanbul Airport Closes