Australia Allocates more than $ 450 Million for a Coronavirus Vaccine
Australian authorities will spend more than $ 450 million to develop a coronavirus vaccine, to find drugs and create diagnostic tools. This was stated by Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
"Australia will allocate $ 352 million (about $ 230.3 million) for a global effort to control 19 and find a vaccine. We will also send $ 15 million ($ 9.8 million) to the Global Innovation Diagnostic Coalition for the Innovative Diagnosis Fund and to fund the development of new diagnostic tools, "Morrison said in a statement posted on the government website .
The Prime Minister stressed that the government would also allocate $ 337 million ($ 220.2 million) to undertake research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of coronavirus infection. These funds will be distributed among leading national organizations and departments whose activities are focused on studying the virus, finding drugs and creating a vaccine.
There are currently 6,849 cases of coronavirus infection in Australia. 70 people are hospitalized, 5 859 have recovered, 96 patients died.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir