Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
Georgian authorities, in cooperation with US anti-trafficking authorities, busted an organized criminal group. 40 kg of heroin was seized, Russian and Georgian media reported, quoted by BNR.
According to the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs, the action was carried out for two months, two Bulgarian citizens were detained.
The defendants imported the drug from Armenia and had to bring it to Europe. The drug was stored in a rented apartment in Batumi.
Georgian authorities estimate the value of the batch at $ 2 million.
The detainees face up to 20 years in prison or life imprisonment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5
- » Bulgaria: In One Day, Police caught 26 Drivers with Alcohol and 14 with Drugs in their Blood
- » Policewoman that Helped the Killer of 2 Girls in Sofia has been Temporary Removed from her Position