Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
Georgian authorities, in cooperation with US anti-trafficking authorities, busted an organized criminal group. 40 kg of heroin was seized, Russian and Georgian media reported, quoted by BNR.
According to the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs, the action was carried out for two months, two Bulgarian citizens were detained.
The defendants imported the drug from Armenia and had to bring it to Europe. The drug was stored in a rented apartment in Batumi.
Georgian authorities estimate the value of the batch at $ 2 million.
The detainees face up to 20 years in prison or life imprisonment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Two Women from Berkovtsa in Court for Arranging the Marraige of Under-Aged Teens
- » Bulgarian Citizen Was Detained for Migrant Smuggling in Slovenia
- » Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
- » Cat Smuggled Heroin into Prison in Sri Lanka And When Detained - Escapes
- » Alleged Gang Sexual Assault in a 5-Star Hotel in Egypt
- » 9 People Involved in a Criminal Group for Illegal Extraction and Sale of Wood Have Been Detained