Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
Georgian authorities, in cooperation with US anti-trafficking authorities, busted an organized criminal group. 40 kg of heroin was seized, Russian and Georgian media reported, quoted by BNR.
According to the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs, the action was carried out for two months, two Bulgarian citizens were detained.
The defendants imported the drug from Armenia and had to bring it to Europe. The drug was stored in a rented apartment in Batumi.
Georgian authorities estimate the value of the batch at $ 2 million.
The detainees face up to 20 years in prison or life imprisonment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 47 Arrests in Varna Today
- » Three Police Officers of Bulgarian Origin Were Injured in the US Riots
- » In Varna Student Who Killed his Father Was Found Guilty
- » Development: More Arrested for Illegal Import of Waste from Italy
- » AP: More Than 360 kg of Cocaine were Found in an Apartment in Sofia
- » Say My Name: People Outraged over the Death of George Floyd - Unarmed Black Man Killed by Police