Two Bulgarians were Detained with 40kg of Heroin in Georgia
Georgian authorities, in cooperation with US anti-trafficking authorities, busted an organized criminal group. 40 kg of heroin was seized, Russian and Georgian media reported, quoted by BNR.
According to the Georgian Ministry of Internal Affairs, the action was carried out for two months, two Bulgarian citizens were detained.
The defendants imported the drug from Armenia and had to bring it to Europe. The drug was stored in a rented apartment in Batumi.
Georgian authorities estimate the value of the batch at $ 2 million.
The detainees face up to 20 years in prison or life imprisonment.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today