The Bright Week Begins!
On the second day after Easter, according to the Orthodox tradition, the Bright Week begins - a time when the holy apostles and the Holy Virgin are glorified.
The bright week ends with the second passage on Sunday. It is also called Thomas's Sunday, because on that day the gospel reads about the appearance of Christ to his disciples, among which was also the apostle Thomas, one of the twelve apostles of Jesus who did not believe in Christ's Resurrection.
In the days of the Holy Week, the saints are blessed: on Holy Monday - the holy apostles, on Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - St. Mary, St. Archdeacon Stefan and St. Andrew, on Holy Thursday - St. Apostle. John and James, on the Holy Friday - St. Apostle.
Peter, and on Holy Saturday - St. John the Baptist. This week is also full of holy feasts, among which the greatest is the celebration of the Light or Empty Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 25: Three Intersections in Sofia Remain Blocked
- » Coronavirus in Bulgaria: 119 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19, 1500 Tests Performed
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 24: Tensions and Clashes at Saturday's Protest in Sofia
- » Coronavirus in Bulgaria: 146 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19, 11836 Total
- » 19-Year Old Boy Died After Being Infected With COVID-19
- » New COVID-19 Hospital is Being Built in Serbia