41 Years since the Flight of the First Bulgarian Astronaut Georgi Ivanov
Today marks the 41st anniversary of the flight of the first Bulgarian astronaut Georgi Ivanov.
On April 10, 1979, at 8 pm and 34 minutes Moscow time, a Soyuz-33 spacecraft with an international crew was launched into orbit around the Earth: flight commander Nikolai Rukavishnikov and astronaut-researcher Georgi Ivanov.
Throughout the dramatic flight, Georgi Ivanov's pulse remains normal and does not change. When they land, they are located 320 km southeast of Jazzkazgan. They have made 31 complete orbits around the Earth. They spend 1 day, 23 hours and 1 minute in space.
Georgi Ivanov is the first Bulgarian astronaut, Major General. He was born on July 2, 1940 in the town of Lovech. He has been in the army since 1958. He graduated from the Higher Higher School of Higher Education "G. Benkovski" in Lower Metropolia in 1964. Since 1978 he studied at the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center in the former USSR./ Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 140 Years Since the Establishment of Bulgarian Lev
- » 2585 Totat Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria on June 3
- » No More Daily Briefings for COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria - June 4
- » Mexican Zoo - Refuge for Animals During the Pandemic
- » Stricter Control Over Waste Incineration in Bulgaria