Afghanistan Releases 100 Taliban Prisoners from Jail
The Afghan government announced today that it has released 100 Taliban prisoners from jail, France Press reported. This happens a day after the rebels announced that they were suspending the peace talks with Kabul about exchanging prisoners, according to them.
"One hundred Taliban prisoners will be released today," said Javid Faisal, spokesman for Afghanistan's Office of the National Security Council.
"We are doing our part in the agreement. The peace process should move forward."
Faisal said the 15 commanders were not among those being released, and additional prisoners would be freed "depending on what the Taliban do", Al Jazeera reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19: Emirate of Abu Dhabi Will Quarantine Arriving Bulgarians with Tracking Bracelet
- » World Marked International Worker's Day
- » US and Nato Start to Withdraw Troops from Afghanistan
- » Italy Reached Half a Million Vaccinations per Day to Accomplish April Target
- » Covid-19: Australians Returning from India Could Be Jailed
- » Russia Announced Entry Ban on 8 EU Officials