Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder of Twitter Donates $ 1 Billion from his Personal Wealth to Help Fight COVID-19
Jack Dorsey, who co-founded Twitter, said he had allocated $ 1 billion from his personal wealth to help fight the coronavirus pandemic through his charity fund.
In a series of tweets, Dorsey said he will donate billion worth of equity in Square to his Start Small LLC to fund COVID-19 relief around the world. This is about 28 percent of his total wealth.
"Why now? The needs are increasingly urgent, and I want to see the impact in my lifetime. I hope this inspires others to do something similar. Life is too short, so let’s do everything we can today to help people now.” Dorsey wrote in a tweet.
I’m moving B of my Square equity (~28% of my wealth) to #startsmall LLC to fund global COVID-19 relief. After we disarm this pandemic, the focus will shift to girl’s health and education, and UBI. It will operate transparently, all flows tracked here: https://t.co/hVkUczDQmz— jack (@jack) April 7, 2020
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 32: Three Key Crossroads Remain Blocked
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests