53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
There is a 53% decline in the passengers at Sofia Airport and the reason is the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which led to the cancellation of a large part of the flights.
In March last year, the passengers who passed through Sofia Airport were about 572,000. However, in March 2020 they are almost 270 000.
Following the upward trend since the beginning of the year, the situation is completely different now. In March, the number of departures and landings in Sofia is 31% lower than in March 2019.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 11 Million Tourists Visited Turkey in 10 Months, Russians - 2 Million, Bulgarians in Third Place with 1 Million
- » Negative PCR Tests Mandatory for Passengers Arriving to Spain from 65 Countries, Bulgaria Including
- » Richard Alibegov: One-Month Lockdown Will Mean End to Clubs and Restaurant Business in Bulgaria
- » Tourism Trends: Travels Fall by 23,6 Percent in the Third Trimester of 2020
- » Greece Shuts Some Land Borders, Makaza-Nimfea Checkpoint Lets through Only Trucks
- » Bulgarian Parliament Discusses 9% VAT on Food Deliveries