Merkel Won't Consider her Withdrawing in 2021
The head of Angela Merkel's cabinet told local media that she does not think the plans of the German Chancellor not to run for a fifth consecutive term have changed, BNR reported, citing Reuters.
Helge Braun's statement comes after an article in the Bild newspaper that Merkel might have changed her decision to step down.
"I don't think now is the time to discuss this. She said this was her last term and I don't think anything has changed in that regard," he said.
Merkel has led Germany for 15 years and has previously said she won't run fo re-election in the autumn of 2021.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Persons Arriving in Bulgaria from Northern Macedonia, No Quarantine for Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro
- » 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving in UK after June 8
- » European Commission: Bulgaria Has No Legal Criteria for the Minimum Wages
- » Kosovo with New Government and PM Avdullah Hoti
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: The State of Emergency Expires on June 15 and All Measures Must be Lifted
- » India: A Pigeon Has Been Arrested And Accused of Being a Pakistani Spy