3 MPs from Bulgaria’s Parliament Tested Positive for Coronavirus
Bulgaria’s Parliament Speaker Tsveta Karayancheva said on April 2 she has called an extraordinary sitting tomorrow. The agenda will include the proposed extension of the coronavirus state of emergency and updating of the budget.
Late in the afternoon today, it became clear that two GERB MPs tested positive for COVID-19. These are the Chair of GERB’s Parliamentary Group, Daniela Daritkova and MP Daniela Maleshkova, BNT reported.
The two will be in quarantine for 28 days. In her personal Facebook profile, Doctor Daritkova said that she would continue to be available for her patients and would consult them over the phone or online communication.
All MPs took a test for coronavirus after MP Hassan Ademov of MRF tested positive on March 31.
The emergency sitting of Parliament tomorrow at 2 pm with focus on three important items: the extension of the state of emergency until 13 May, the updating of the Budget 2020 and changes to the Energy Act.
GERB PG announced today that they will make donations to support the fight against the new coronavirus. MPs from the VMRO party and opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) have already done the same.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects