The Grand Canyon National Park Closed because of the Coronavirus
The Grand Canyon National Park in the United States will be closed until until further notice because of a coronavirus pandemic.
"The health and safety of park visitors, employees, residents, volunteers, and partners at Grand Canyon National Park is the Service's number one priority," the statement said.," the National Park Service said Wednesday.
The Grand Canyon is one of the last major US national parks to close after Yosemite and Yellowstone were also closed in March.
The Grand Canyon has two main entrances - north and south.
About five million people visit the national park each year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023