6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
A wildfire in a deciduous forest near Skala village broke out on 29 March at about 3:30 pm; the fire was caused by human negligence, said the Silistra Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior, quoted by Focus News Agency.
The flames spread and destroyed about 6,000 square metres of low forest vegetation, but the forest was rescued after firefighters of the local Fire Safty and Civil Protection in Dulovo extinguished the fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Earthquake Measuring 5 on Richter Scale Hits Turkey
- » Free Parking in Some Zones in Sofia in Attempt to Reduce Pollution
- » New Zealand Declares a Climate Change Emergency
- » Climatologist: News about Winter in Bulgaria Is Disappointing
- » Live: What are the Challenges and Opportunities for Climate and Green Deal Policies
- » Deforestation of Brazil's Amazon Reaches 12 years High