Countries Supporting a Common Alliance against the Coronavirus Make Up 57% of the Euro Area's GDP
The nine countries supporting the proposal for a joint coronavirus group represent 57% of the euro area's GDP. This was stated by Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
To emphasize the need for bold initiatives, he said the United States has announced a $ 2 trillion economic support package and has already lost 3 million jobs.
The Greek prime minister highlighted the discrepancy between the terms used to describe the current crisis and the measures taken so far, as well as the importance of exploring any alternative means of pan-European agreement.
Mitsotakis briefed his EU counterparts on the situation at the Greek-Turkish border.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria