People who Have Recovered from COVID-19 Can Remain Carriers of the Virus
People who have had the new coronavirus can remain carriers of COVID-19 and need to be retested. This was stated by Virologist and Director of the Besançon Research Center at a briefing by the United Nations Association of Foreign Correspondents in Geneva.
"You can be cured from the virus but still have it in your nasopharynx and thus spread it. This happens to carriers of hepatitis B and C. This means you can have antibodies against the virus, but at the same time and the virus itself, " he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Buy 200 Million Doses of the Potential COVID-19 Vaccine From Johnson & Johnson
- » New Study Suggests That Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
- » Eight Stations of the Third Metro Line in Sofia Will be Launched by the End of August
- » Greek Scientists Expect Second Wave as Coronavirus Cases Spike Among Younger Generation
- » The Details Known About the Russian Vaccine "Sputnik V"
- » 2019 - One of The Three Warmest Years in History