People who Have Recovered from COVID-19 Can Remain Carriers of the Virus
People who have had the new coronavirus can remain carriers of COVID-19 and need to be retested. This was stated by Virologist and Director of the Besançon Research Center at a briefing by the United Nations Association of Foreign Correspondents in Geneva.
"You can be cured from the virus but still have it in your nasopharynx and thus spread it. This happens to carriers of hepatitis B and C. This means you can have antibodies against the virus, but at the same time and the virus itself, " he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Pilot Census will be Conducted only Online and will Take Place from April 20th to Aprli 30th
- » Forecast: The Peak of COVID-19 in Bulgaria will be on April 24
- » 70,000 Bulgarians are Quarantined
- » About 40 Bulgarians Working in Italy Have Returned to Bulgaria
- » 41 Years since the Flight of the First Bulgarian Astronaut Georgi Ivanov
- » DW: Billions Mark Good Friday in Isolation