Code Orange Warning for High Winds and Rough Seas
A Code Orange warning for high winds and rough seas has been issued for three coastal regions, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website. The warning is in place for the coasts of Burgas, Varna and Dobrich regions.
Winds at 14 - 19 m/s (7 - 8 Beaufort) are expected, with gusts of 20 - 24 m/s (9 Beaufort). The state of sea will be around code 4 - 5.
The orange code means that the weather is dangerous. Weather forecasters warn of strong winds, high tide and big waves. NIMH noted that this could lead to local flooding and significant damage to coastal infrastructure (dunes, dikes and ports). People are advised to avoid travelling and staying in the endangered coastal areas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2019 - One of The Three Warmest Years in History
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm