Code Orange Warning for High Winds and Rough Seas
A Code Orange warning for high winds and rough seas has been issued for three coastal regions, the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology (NIMH) said on its website. The warning is in place for the coasts of Burgas, Varna and Dobrich regions.
Winds at 14 - 19 m/s (7 - 8 Beaufort) are expected, with gusts of 20 - 24 m/s (9 Beaufort). The state of sea will be around code 4 - 5.
The orange code means that the weather is dangerous. Weather forecasters warn of strong winds, high tide and big waves. NIMH noted that this could lead to local flooding and significant damage to coastal infrastructure (dunes, dikes and ports). People are advised to avoid travelling and staying in the endangered coastal areas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Sozopol Beaches Badly Damaged by Pouring Rains and High Surf
- » Spanish Siberia: Unprecedented Winter Weather Torments Spain