Producer Harvey Weinstein Tested Positive for COVID-19
Former producer Harvey Weinstein, who was recently sentenced to 23 years in prison for sexual assault and rape, is infected with the new coronavirus, AFP and Reuters reported.
Weinstein is being held in isolation at the Wende Prison, said Michael Powers, New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association. He is concerned about police officers working there who are not well equipped. Several staff members are quarantined.
Harvey Weinstein was taken to the Wende prison near Buffalo, New York, on Wednesday last week. Previously, he was at Rikers Island Prison in New York. A lawyer for Weinstein said his legal team had not been informed of the coronavirus diagnosis.
Imran Ansari said: "Given Mr Weinstein's state of health, we are of course concerned, if this is the case, and we are vigilantly monitoring the situation."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Can Enter the UK Without Visa for 6 Months From 2021
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries
- » UK Public Debt Record High Above 100% of GDP
- » Complains Rise in Sweden as COVID-19 Cases Spike
- » Turkey Aggressively Raises Main Interest Rate to 15 Percent