25 Million People will Lose their Jobs because of the COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic will dramatically increase global unemployment. Approximately 25 million people to lose their jobs, the United Nations said.
"The economic and labour crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic could increase global unemployment by almost 25 million", says a new study by the International Labor Organization.
"However, if we see an internationally coordinated policy response, as happened in the global financial crisis of 2008/9, then the impact on global unemployment could be significantly lower.", the report said.
Workers worldwide will lose up to $ 3.4 billion in revenue this year alone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests over Еxpensive Еlectricity in Bulgaria, the State Announced Compensatory Measures
- » Chairman of BAIC: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria are Inevitable, the Economy will Stop
- » Digital Real Estate 101: 3 Tips To Generate Passive Income
- » Forecast: Basic Food Prices in Bulgaria will Rise by Another 7% by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarians Living Abroad have Started Sending Less Money to their Relatives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Radev Called for the Causes of the Energy Crisis not to be Politicized