25 Million People will Lose their Jobs because of the COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic will dramatically increase global unemployment. Approximately 25 million people to lose their jobs, the United Nations said.
"The economic and labour crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic could increase global unemployment by almost 25 million", says a new study by the International Labor Organization.
"However, if we see an internationally coordinated policy response, as happened in the global financial crisis of 2008/9, then the impact on global unemployment could be significantly lower.", the report said.
Workers worldwide will lose up to $ 3.4 billion in revenue this year alone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Aeroflot: No flights from Russia to Sofia and Bourgas Until the End of August
- » Germany Needs Workers from the Balkans
- » Almost 100 Illegal Houses to be Demolished in the Roma Neighborhood in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
- » Tsvetan Simeonov: Bulgarian Business Freezes Investment Projects
- » Chinese AI Company Xiao-i is Suing Apple for $1.4 Billion
- » New Results Suggest That Almost 1.5 Million People in Italy Have Developed Antobodies for COVID-19