25 Million People will Lose their Jobs because of the COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic will dramatically increase global unemployment. Approximately 25 million people to lose their jobs, the United Nations said.
"The economic and labour crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic could increase global unemployment by almost 25 million", says a new study by the International Labor Organization.
"However, if we see an internationally coordinated policy response, as happened in the global financial crisis of 2008/9, then the impact on global unemployment could be significantly lower.", the report said.
Workers worldwide will lose up to $ 3.4 billion in revenue this year alone.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Unlock €500bn to Support Countries Hit by Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Newly-Registered Unemployed in Bulgaria is 72,000
- » Turkey Released Bulgarian Drivers of Heavy Goods Vehicles from the 14-Day Quarantine Period
- » Kristalina Georgieva: We Expect the Worst Economic Fallout Since Great Depression
- » Decrease in The Construction of Buildings in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Trucks Blocked at the Border with Turkey