Bansko is Closed! The City is under Quarantine because of the Coronavirus
The National Operational Headquarters proposes to quarantine the city of Bansko. This was made clear after an emergency briefing at the National Operations Headquarters.
All Bansko residents will be forbidden to go on the streets, as long as it does not concern grocery stores, pharmacies, health centers, banks, insurance institutions and gas stations. This was announced by General Prof. Mutafchiiski.
No one may leave or enter the city, except for trucks with essential goods such as food and medicine. The ban does not apply to police and health inspectors, medical personnel to provide emergency medical care.
There are 200 foreign tourists in Bansko. The Foreign Ministry has already contacted some of the embassies. The larger groups will leave the city within 24 hours and the rest will be quarantined, said Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November