The US Army has Stopped Preparing for DEFENDER-Europe 20 because of the COVID-19
The US Army has announced that it is stopping the transfer of military personnel and equipment to Europe for the planned military training because of the epidemic from the new coronavirus, BTA reported.
The size of the DEFENDER-Europe 20 exercise has already been reduced, and the US Armed Forces announced this additional measure yesterday.
"The health, safety and readiness of our military, civilians and relatives are our paramount concern," an army statement said.
Since January, the US Army has deployed 6,000 troops and 9,000 vehicles and other equipment from the United States to Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister
- » Trump Says Science Doesn't Know About Climate Change, He Does
- » 3-Week Nationwide Isolation in Israel
- » Austria Officially Announced the Second Wave of COVID-19
- » Donald Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize