France is Quarantined: Macron Suspended Pension Reform and Delayed Second Round of ElectionsCOVID-
France will be quarantined by noon on Tuesday, French President Emmanuel Macron said in a statement to the nation broadcast by the Elysee Palace.
All residents are ordered to stay home and will only be able to leave their homes for substantial reasons. People's movement will be very restricted, Macron said.
"We are at war," the French president repeatedly said. Macron announced a number of measures that put France in a martial law to combat the virus.
Here are the main ones: All people's movements will be banned from noon Tuesday for 15 days. Citizens should stay home. Penalties will be imposed for those who violate the rules.
The army will help transport patients to hospitals. Borders remain closed according to an agreement with other EU countries.
The second round of local elections is postponed. All reforms, including the pension reform, are temporarily postponed.
No business, no matter the size, will be left to fail.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance
- » European Commission Proposes to Expand the Counteraction to Misinformation
- » Analysis: What if Poland Leaves the EU?