Skiing in Bansko, Pamporovo and Borovets Banned, the Ski Area is Closed
By order of the Prosecutor's Office and by decision of the Crisis Staff in Bansko, the ski area in the city shall be closed immediately. This was announced by the mayor of the municipality Ivan Kadev. The foreign nationals at the resort will be visited on the spot and will fill out declarations that they are aware of the state of emergency in Bulgaria.
Six coronavirus samples were taken by foreign nationals on holiday in Bansko. Only one of them is positive so far. However, the sample of a 78-year-old Briton who has lived in Bulgaria for a long time and has not traveled to the Island for 2-3 years is also positive. He is the second person proven to be infected with COVID-19.
The ski area of Pamporovo will also be closed from March 17 to March 29, inclusive, the management of Pamporovo AD announced.
According to the director of RZI, the work of the ski area is still a problem because there are many tourists and the restriction order is not respected at all.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Air with Аdditional Flights on the Route Sofia - Varna for the Holidays
- » Bulgaria Records Second Lowest Air Travel Increase in EU
- » Bulgaria’s MFA Launched an App to Help All Travelers Abroad
- » Sofia Airport Introduces Smart Drinking Water Fountains
- » Borovets Gears Up for Winter Season with Artificial Snow Preparation
- » Ryanair Launches Summer 2024 Schedule with over 1.7 Million Seats for Bulgaria