The Seine River Overflowed its Banks in Paris
Coastal parks in the French capital, Paris, had to be closed today after the river Seine emerged from its bed after several days of rainfall, city authorities said on Thursday.
At the Austerlitz measuring point, the waters of the Seine reached 4.2 m, that is, more than 2 m above their normal level, and some low-lying pier and coastal pedestrian zones were flooded.
Bateaux-Mouches, the largest of several Seine cruise operators, announced that its ships have not been moving since yesterday, and so will be tomorrow. The reason is that the flood pier at Alma Bridge practically does not allow tourists to board the ships.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Denied Bezos' Protests against Elon Musk Moon Deal with NASA for SpaceX
- » EU Overcomes US in Vaccination Race
- » Britain Lifts Quarantine for Vaccinated Travelers from Europe and the United States
- » Germany: Day after Huge Explosion in Leverkusen, 2 Dead, 4 Missing and Many Injured
- » Covid-19 Quarantine in Sydney Has Been Extended with 1 Month
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated