Energy Watchdog Chair: There is no Way Money Can be Refunded to Consumers as a Result of Gas Price Reduction
Ivan Ivanov, chair of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission stated that without amendments to the law there is no way money can be refunded to consumers as a result of the reduction in natural gas prices. He added that such a decision with retroactive effect would be annulled in court, BNR reported.
On 3 March it was announced that, by force of an agreement reached between Bulgargaz and Gazprom, the price of the natural gas supplied to Bulgaria by Russia is being reduced by 40.3 percent, down to EUR 13.44 (26.29 Leva) per megawatt hour. At the time Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova stated this would bring down the price of central heating retroactively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 14 Migrants detained in a Private Ambulance near Burgas - Driver Dressed as Paramedic (UPDATED)
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 185 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Over 1,600 Bulgarian Students will receive a "Warm Lunch" during the Winter months
- » Bulgaria: A Girl and a Woman Died in a Car Accident near Dimitrovgrad
- » Bulgarian Health Inspector: The Peak of the Flu Epidemic is expected at the end of January and the first week of February
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 153 New Cases in the Last 24 hours