Energy Watchdog Chair: There is no Way Money Can be Refunded to Consumers as a Result of Gas Price Reduction
Ivan Ivanov, chair of the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission stated that without amendments to the law there is no way money can be refunded to consumers as a result of the reduction in natural gas prices. He added that such a decision with retroactive effect would be annulled in court, BNR reported.
On 3 March it was announced that, by force of an agreement reached between Bulgargaz and Gazprom, the price of the natural gas supplied to Bulgaria by Russia is being reduced by 40.3 percent, down to EUR 13.44 (26.29 Leva) per megawatt hour. At the time Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova stated this would bring down the price of central heating retroactively.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 290 Newly Registered Cases, 6 Death
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 78: Procession to the Headquarters of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 300 Students Quarantined in Blagoevgrad
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 160 New Cases, 12 Death
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers