Denys Shmygal is Ukraine's New Prime Minister
Ukrainian parliament approved the resignation of Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk. The decision was taken by 353 votes in favour and 226 against.
President Volodymyr Zelensky has proposed Deputy Prime Minister Denys Shmygal as Honcharuk's successor. He criticized the cabinet, which was formed only six months ago.
Presenting Shmygal to lawmakers ahead of the vote, Zelensky said he hoped that "we will finally have a government for people".
Later Ukraine's parliament approved Denys Shmygal as the new prime minister.
"Ukrainians must see and feel that the state is protecting them," he said before the vote.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Ukrainian President Recommends Joaquin Phoenix's Film to End Hours-Long Hostage Siege