Bulgarian Municipalities can now Apply for Wireless Internet under the EU WiFi4EU Free Wi-Fi Initiative
The thirty-six Bulgarian municipalities that have not participated in the WiFi4EU free Wi-Fi initiative in the public sector so far, can now apply for the new competition, the Ministry of Transport Information and Communications announced.
The competition will open on March 17. Municipalities must register in the WiFi4EU portal before that date.
With a budget of EUR 14.2 million, the European Commission will distribute 947 first-applicant-first-funded vouchers, respecting the geographical balance. There will be no maximum number of vouchers for each participating country for this fourth competition.
86% of the Bulgarian municipalities have already received their vouchers from the three competitions conducted so far. A total of € 3,435,000 has been raised in the country to build high-speed wireless connections in public places. Bulgaria ranks first in the EU in terms of the number of municipalities covered by the WiFi4EU initiative, the statement said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two-Thirds of People with Omicron have been Infected with COVID-19 Before
- » Almost All of Bulgaria is in the Dark Red COVID Zone
- » Bulgaria: New Amendments could Equate the Birth Certificate with the ID Card
- » Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
- » Sofia: How Warm is it in Electric Buses during Winter
- » Bulgarian Immunologist: The only Salvation against Covid is to be Immunized Every Year