Eurostat: Bulgaria among the Countries with Highest Risk of Poverty or Social Exclusion
In 2018, non-European Union citizens were at a higher risk of poverty or social exclusion than foreign European Union (EU) citizens or national citizens. Across the whole of the EU, 45% of non-EU citizens were assessed to be at risk of poverty or social exclusion compared with 29% of foreign EU citizens and 21% for nationals.
Being at risk of poverty or social exclusion means to be in at least one of the following three conditions: at risk of poverty after social transfers (income poverty), severely materially deprived or living in households with very low work intensity.
Among the EU Member States, the at risk of poverty or social exclusion rate recorded for non-EU citizens was highest in Greece (58%), followed by Sweden and Spain (both 56%), Belgium (51%), Croatia and France (both 50%). For foreign EU citizens, the rate was the highest in Greece (47%), Spain (45%) and Italy (40%).
The highest at risk of poverty or social exclusion rate for nationals was observed in Greece (33%), followed by Romania (30%), Bulgaria (28%) and Italy (27%).
In 2018, Czechia recorded the lowest at risk of poverty or social exclusion rate for nationals (11%) and for foreign EU citizens (4%), while Poland had the lowest rate for non-EU citizens (18%).
Further information about the topic can be found in the Statistics Explained article Migrant integration statistics – at risk of poverty and social exclusion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Survey: More Bulgarians are Satisfied with their Standard of Living Now compared to 2018
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 145 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Why Elon Musk and Elden Ring Could Boost Tourism in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik