Iran Releases more than 54,000 Prisoners to Combat the Spread of the new COVID-19
Iran has temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to combat the spread of new coronavirus infection in crowded prisons, the BBC reported.
Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters that the inmates were granted furlough after testing negative for Covid-19 and posting bail.
"Security prisoners" sentenced to more than five years will not be let out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulagria: 233 New Cases, 3485 in Hospitals
- » Study: Depression, Stress Could Dampen Efficacy of COVID-19 Vaccines
- » UK Coronavirus Variant Could Be Dominant in US by March
- » Ursula von der Leyen: EU Will Receive Pfizer Vaccine on Time
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 552 New Cases
- » Before Summer 36 Percent of Bulgarians Will Be Vaccinated