Iran Releases more than 54,000 Prisoners to Combat the Spread of the new COVID-19
Iran has temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to combat the spread of new coronavirus infection in crowded prisons, the BBC reported.
Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters that the inmates were granted furlough after testing negative for Covid-19 and posting bail.
"Security prisoners" sentenced to more than five years will not be let out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cooked Carrots Can Trigger Allergic Reactions
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 169 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 290 Newly Registered Cases, 6 Death
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 160 New Cases, 12 Death