Iran Releases more than 54,000 Prisoners to Combat the Spread of the new COVID-19
Iran has temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to combat the spread of new coronavirus infection in crowded prisons, the BBC reported.
Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters that the inmates were granted furlough after testing negative for Covid-19 and posting bail.
"Security prisoners" sentenced to more than five years will not be let out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Professor: Every Disease Comes to End
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2,126 New Cases, Total Fatalities Surpassed 15,000
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria Mulls Withdrawing AstraZeneca Jab
- » India Becomes Centre of Coronavirus Pandemic with Record High Numbers
- » Bulgarian Health Minister in Resignation: We Cope with Third Wave of Covid Infection
- » President of Bulgarian Medical Association on Disbandment of Coronavirus Task Force - Dr Ivan Madzharov