Iran Releases more than 54,000 Prisoners to Combat the Spread of the new COVID-19
Iran has temporarily released more than 54,000 prisoners in an attempt to combat the spread of new coronavirus infection in crowded prisons, the BBC reported.
Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili told reporters that the inmates were granted furlough after testing negative for Covid-19 and posting bail.
"Security prisoners" sentenced to more than five years will not be let out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases on July 7, 5914 Total
- » Bulgaria: A Fifth Pastor Died of COVID-19 After a Meeting in Perushtitsa
- » Bulgarian Team Close to Finding a Treatment for COVID-19
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 63 New Cases on July 6, 5740 Total
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total